Strokes gained vs. different handicaps

Posted over 6 years ago by Spencer Braun

Post a topic
S
Spencer Braun

Golfpad does provide some insight on the web view for strokes gained compared to 'other players of similar ability', but that's a little vague.

I really wish it had the Vs Handicap Filter that Game Golf analytics provides, wherein you can select (Scratch, 5 handicap, 10 handicap, 20 handicap, etc) to compare your strokes gained against.

7 Votes

11 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 6 years ago Admin

Thanks Spencer! We are considering this in our future feature updates. We appreciate your input!

0 Votes

S

Stefan Strandlund posted over 6 years ago

A little bit off topic, but on the theme of strokes gained.  I'm a bit doubtful of the accuracy of the current strokes gained (SG) presented.  I've played 4 rounds and across all 4 strokes gained categories in a single round my highest strokes lost is -0.30 and my highest strokes gained is 0.18.  Although I'm a reasonably consistent player in most areas, this doesn't seem right.  Is there a per hole divider in the presented strokes gained results i.e. strokes gained or lost per hole?  

0 Votes

S

Spencer Braun posted over 6 years ago

Yes, it's per hole. Multiply by 18 for strokes lost per round.

0 Votes

T

Tim Flatley posted almost 4 years ago

I also like this idea of comparing vs 20 handicapper, for example.

Any update on this?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 4 years ago Admin

Hi Tim -  Thanks for asking. We do want to support multiple baselines in the future, so it's on our road map. We don't have a conrete timeline on this though. We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the topic. We've noted it. - Cindy

0 Votes

B

Brian Wagener posted almost 2 years ago

Just wanted to say I would really love this feature. Some of the other apps have this, and would make for great data.

2 Votes

T

Travis Hardman posted over 1 year ago

To increase my stroke strength, I am using Pinpoint Golf. This app helps me to track and improve my strokes.

0 Votes

D

Dave Humphries posted 10 months ago

As a premium user with tags for a number of years I love how good the tracking is but it would be great if you could compare your strokes Gained against different handicaps like is available in other systems? Scratch, 5, 10, 15 etc Please say this is on the horizon soon

2 Votes

A

Andrew Hirst posted 10 months ago

Old thread, but this is really badly needed from a stats point of view. 

2 Votes

C

Curt Bonnem posted 8 months ago

Someone from Golfpad commented on this THREE YEARS AGO saying this was a feature they were planning to add... So where is it? This is a badly needed feature. I don't really need to know how I compare to the pros. I will never be a pro. At least get this to compare to scratch players. Please!

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 8 months ago Admin

Curt - thanks for sharing your feedback. While it's not on the immediate roadmap, we understand golfers would like it, and it's not off the table. Right now, we're actively working on features like greens undulations and contine to add more automatic distance to hazards, both significant undertakings. Also, we have another big update coming soon, addressing another huge feature request. 

We value your input and take each major undertaking one step at a time with our available resources. Thanks for understanding, and your continued support means a lot to us!

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment