New iPhone Compatible TAGS - Feedback Wanted!

Posted over 5 years ago by Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren
Cindy Wren Admin

A few weeks ago we announced our NEW Golf Pad TAGS. Any Golf Pad TAGS purchased after November 1, 2018 are now compatible with iPhone 7 / iOS 12 or later as well as Android. iPhone users rejoice!

Tracking your shots automatically means you can focus on your game and keep your phone in your pocket. Hundreds of you have already purchased your new set. 

We focus on user feedback to continue to deliver the best experience and features. We want to hear from you! 

1. Are you an Android or iPhone user? 
2. What were your thoughts about the set up process of the new tags? 
3. Have you had time to use them on the course? What did you like most about using them? 

Any other thoughts you'd like to share with the team?

Ready, set, GO...

0 Votes

44 Comments

Sorted by
M

Martin thomson posted 10 months ago

Yeah I got that. Seemingly you’ve known about this issue for ages and trying to get an update out to fix it. Not really helpful though to the thousands of people who have forked out money in the meantime. Surely we should be getting some kind of refund because we can’t use them now until the update

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 10 months ago Admin

@Martin ThomsonI'm going to create a support ticket for you. That will allow us to provide you one:one support to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing. The forum is more designed to be a place of general conversation. Our technical suppor team will be in touch soon. - Cindy

0 Votes

M

Martin thomson posted 10 months ago

I’ve got an iPhone 12 Pro Max and have added my tags and enabled tags in golfpad preferences etc. when I put smart lock on and start using golfpad/tags ,I usually get an NFC ERROR at some point. The other day my iPhone just froze. I couldn’t do anything to get out of the black screen until I came home and it just restarted again. This is so frustrating.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 1 year ago Admin

@Austin Blair - I'm glad you found the setting to update the number of rounds you are viewing. For anyone else who doesn't know, you can change the historical rounds view from the Golf Pad app: Start Screen > Statistics > tap your profile name at the top of the screen > Range > Choose the range by rounds or timeframe. 

As for Fitbit, nothing imminent is planned. Here's a list of the watches that are currently compatible with Golf Pad. I'm sure you'll find an affordable choice there.  

0 Votes

A

Austin Blair posted about 1 year ago

I'm so dumb, after almost 4 years of having this app, I just now realized that I can change that setting. Anyways, I'm in the market for a new watch and I can get a hand on me down Fitbit for free so I figured I'd ask first! Thanks!

0 Votes

A

Austin Blair posted about 1 year ago

Hi, I was wondering if there was any update on the Fitbit app? I've been using the tags for 2 or 3 years now and I love them so much and they're the best. I play on average 30 times a year so I have a good history. I think it would be cool if we could go back further than just 50 rounds on the complete average Statistics. Thanks!

0 Votes

B

Bhamster5050 posted over 2 years ago

Hi Cindy, Trying to scan each club and hit or miss. All tags are scanning but if there is a club that is scanned and has a blue highlight in it the attached file is the message I get when I try to scan a different club Steve

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 3 years ago Admin

Gb0415 - Great. I'll look for it! 

0 Votes

G

Greg Berardo Jr posted almost 3 years ago

Hello Cindy, I have been checking SPAM and junk with regularity.  I am getting an "incompatible tag" message with 6 TAGS.  I followed the prompts to contact support from the app a few times but not with all 6 TAGS but I have not gotten any response at all.  I will send you my address via the email you sent to me.  Thanks

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 3 years ago Admin

Gb0415 - Thanks for posting on the forum. We regularly achieve a 6 or less hour first response on nearly all support tickets. I see your support tickets and our replies. Please check your SPAM/junk or promotion filters. Search for "support@golfapdgps.com" and you should find them. Our first reply was on June 14th. I'll reply via your support ticket again, but they may be filtered. If you didn't get our auto-responder when you first emailed us, you might have given us a wrong email. Typo's do happen. We will gladly help you with the tags that won't scan. If you are getting an "incompatible tag" message, that means the tag wasn't activated at the factory. Just follow the prompts to "contact support". That will send us the info we need to activate them for you. Quick and easy fix. If the tags aren't scanning at all, that's another matter and we will need to replace them. To protect your privacy, we will need to get your address via support. 

0 Votes

G

Greg Berardo Jr posted almost 3 years ago

I received my Golf Pad Tags a couple weeks ago but only 9 of the 15 would scan with my iphone.  I submitted 2 support tickets and have received no response, not even a whisper.  Yes my iphone version is the right one and yes I am using the latest Golf Pad app version.  Since there is no phone number to call for support I have to hope that someone gets back to me at some point.  Pretty frustrating and disappointing.

Attachments (1)

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 3 years ago Admin

Hi Carlo - thanks for the update. We do work to fix any bugs that may happen with new updates ASAP. Scanning directly to a watch is definitely on our radar, but not currently possible due to watch manufacturer limits. As soon as it's available, we will work hard to make that feature available to our users.

0 Votes

C

Carlo Kassam posted over 3 years ago

I started 4 weeks ago with using the tags in combination with my iPhone 7 and Applewatch series 6.

Unfortunatly an update of the app messed up the scanning functionality. It was not possile during a round to scan the tags anymore.

After an update of the app. (v 13.27) the scanning functionality was working properly.

I had to use my battery pack, my iPhone battery almost ran out of power.

This is for sure the weakest part of the app.

Will scanning via the Applewatch be new feauture in one of the next releases?

The iPhone is used with Applepay or is this a different kind of technique?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Reg - sounds like a smart plan! If you find they aren't compatible, email us and we'll see what we can do to help. - Cindy

0 Votes

R

Reg Skelton posted over 3 years ago

Thanks Cindy. Love the support on GolfPad!

I still have the box, but I ,can't see "iPhone" anywhere on it. Maybe the easiest way is just to try it, so I'll give it a try (with my wife's iPhone) and see what happens!

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Reg - Thanks for being a long time part of the Golf Pad world! It means a lot to us. Based on the timing, I  would say the tags you have should be compatible. We started selling the new iPhone compatible tags about 8 months prior to your purchase. Do you still have the box? It would indicate with a "made for iPhone" message on the front of the box. The biggest difference in using Golf Pad TAGS with iPhone will be where you tap to track your shot. iPhone placed their NFC reader on the top edge of their phones, vs. the back as most Android phones. 

0 Votes

R

Reg Skelton posted over 3 years ago

hi, I'm a long time user and big fan of golfpad - it's made such a difference to my game! I've been using the tags with Android for a long time too, and have got it working so well I hardly notice it. 

I am thinking of swapping to iPhone though, and I wonder if the tags I bought are compatible? The most recent set I bought was in March 2019 from your Euro reseller (Golf & More in Belgium), model number GPGT1C-Black.

Can you advise if they will work with iPhone at all?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 4 years ago Admin

Hi Phil - the main thing with tagging on iPhone is the reader is located at the top of the phone, near where the camera is located. Knowing this should help. Here's a video that walks through the iPhone scanning steps. It may be old news for you, but other forum readers may find helpful information here. 

I've emailed you about the course map issue so we can get it corrected. - Cindy

0 Votes

P

Phil Michel posted almost 4 years ago

I've used the tags for a week now, 6 rounds. I carry the phone (iPhone 8+) in my left front pocket, screen facing out. I've experienced some inconsistency with regard to the phone recognizing the TAG. Sometimes just taking it out of my pocket and tagging again works. At other times I have to cancel then restart the Scan process to get the TAG recognized.

So far, with rounds taking less than 3 1/2 hours battery consumption has been roughly 40%, leaving 60% capacity.

I don't know if it is a phone issue or scan issue or map issue but after the round the representation of the shots on the course map are far from correct and almost every shot requires editing as to its location after the round.

I may try using a belt clip holster to see if that can resolve the tagging inconsistencies.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 4 years ago Admin

Hi Chris - thanks for sharing your feedback about maximizing your battery life on the course! I'll pass your feedback about the smart lock gesture. I don't think there is a way to turn it off in map mode. If I learn different, I will let you know. Otherwise, we'll take that as a great suggestion for future enhancement. 

0 Votes

C

Chris Carson posted over 4 years ago

Sixth time I’ve used the app on an iPhone 8. For best battery performance, I did the following: 1. Turned off cellular data on mail. 2. Turned off WiFi 3. Turned screen brightness down to less than 25% 4. Turned screen away from leg in my pants pocket. I had more than 40% battery left over after a four hour round. One suggestion though. If I have to unlock the smart lock to look at the course map and pinch to zoom in the map, sometimes it registers the gesture as a smart lock gesture. Can you turn off the smart lock when in map mode?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Richard - thanks for letting us know. It would be surprising for Amazon to have shipped the previous version of TAGS since we stopped offering it 9 months ago... but not impossible considering the size of their shipping facility. The best way to check would be to see if the box has the "made for iPhone" designation on the front. Regardless, we have solutions for you. Just need you to send a new support ticket so we can get it resolved quickly for you. https://support.golfpadgps.com/a/tickets/new 

0 Votes

R

Richard Thomas Beitel posted over 4 years ago

I just purchased the Golftags through Amazon and am unable to synch the tags to my iphone 7s.  Do I have old tags?  It is stuck on the Use LINK reader setting.  :-(  Help!

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

HI Brett - thanks for letting me know. I found the correspondence. For other's reference, I'll include the reply here:

"Unfortunately the NFC Scanning dialog and Cancel button are shown by iOS system, we don't have control over its appearance. Your idea regarding bottom bar being pulled accidentally makes sense. We'll make an adjustment to reduce the chance of it happening and will include it in the upcoming update. In the meantime please try flipping the phone screen when putting it in your pocket. Often times this makes a big difference."

0 Votes

B

Brett McKinney posted over 4 years ago

Hi Cindy. I already did, but was told there was nothing that could be done :(

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment