Map view on watch

Posted almost 4 years ago by Steve Burt

Post a topic
S
Steve Burt

Hello...just started using the app, but enjoying it very much.  The only thing lacking from some other premium watches / apps is map view on the watch...Is there any plans to get the map view visable on a Samsung watch (Active2)?

Many thanks.

19 Votes

40 Comments

Sorted by
Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 4 years ago Admin

Hi Steve - thanks for the feedback and suggestion.  I'm glad you are enjoying the app thus far! This is on our roadmap of possible future features. I don't have a specific time frame at this moment, however. I've shared your input with our team. - Cindy

0 Votes

D

Davide Ferreira posted about 3 years ago

Hi Any update on the above? Thanks.

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hi Davide - thanks for asking about this. We hope to have this feature in 2021, however, we have a lot of other exciting features and updates we are working on this year. It will ultimately depend on how things go overall. - Cindy

0 Votes

R

Roger Perez posted about 3 years ago

Agree to right of yardage you should display map of course with swipe option to then see "plays like/club recommendation" info

Would love to hear what exactly is on the roadmap for 2021

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 3 years ago Admin

Hi Roger, thanks for asking We aren't able to share a specific roadmap, however we do communicate upcoming changes with our users via email and social media. Adding a course map on the watch is a very popular request and it's high on our list. We hope we can get it done in 2021.

0 Votes

R

Rémy CHAVE posted almost 3 years ago

Hello.

Just ending my free trial and I will most probably go for the premium but I wanted to provide you with a feedback.

I did use many golf apps before ( hole 19, my round pro, V1 game, golf zone & smart caddie, the grint)

The first reason why I tried your app was the compatibility with my Samsung watch.

Your app is sincerely among the best but, from my point of view you are missing 2 things to be The best:

First is hole map view on Samsung watches: as a reference the way Smart caddie app is doing it is the benchmark for me.

Second is stroke gain comparison vs. a selected handicap rather than PGA average. I, for my own benefit, rarely compared myself against PGA guys.

Lastly, a differentiating factor against competition would be automatic shot detection, using watch accelerometer, as no one is doing it on a Samsung watch so far.

I hope this will feed your to do list.

The lack of map on the watch is the only reason why I did not go yet for the premium yet.

I really hope to see it coming soon.

All the best and congratulations for the job done so far.

0 Votes

J

Jlvhawk3 posted almost 3 years ago

Course/hole map for watch (specifically Samsung) is definitely the feature I most want to see. I purchased premium after reading something that made me think it would unlock this feature, but sadly found out that wasn't the case. I tend to often play courses I'm not familiar with, so being able to touch target areas and get distances to a dog leg or hazard or something like that is huge for me, as I otherwise don't know. Of course I can do it on my phone, but really like to stick to the watch alone for simplicity's sake.

0 Votes

M

Matej posted almost 3 years ago

Cindy hi, anything new on this feature? I agree that it would be awesome, since it would enable better course management.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted almost 3 years ago Admin

Hi Matej - not yet! We are still hoping for later this year. Juggling many different priorities and features. Thank for asking and for being a long time Golf Pad user! - Cindy

0 Votes

M

Matej posted over 2 years ago

Hi Cindy, anything new? With 11 upvotes this topic is quite hot....:-)

1 Votes

R

Roger Perez posted over 2 years ago

Was thinking of this just the other day as well!!

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 2 years ago Admin

Hello Matej and Roger - we agree, this feature is high on our list of priorities. Currently, we are finishing up standalone mode for the recently launched Wear OS3, which is another high priority. After that, map view is likely the next project we tackle. We appreciate your continued feedback. We'll post an announcement as soon as new features launch. 

2 Votes

J

Jlvhawk3 posted about 2 years ago

Any movement or updated timelines on this one yet. Still my biggest wish with golfpad.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 2 years ago Admin

Thanks for checking in on this. No definitive timeline yet, though it is on our list of feature updates. 

0 Votes

C

Cory Piron posted almost 2 years ago

I agree with the others…. This one is a huge selling feature to see the hole view. Pretty important to not have to pull out the phone. (Apple Watch)

1 Votes

M

Matej posted almost 2 years ago

We are probably there already, right Cindy? :-)

1 Votes

D

David Williams posted almost 2 years ago

+1 for the aerial view on the watch, any news, sounds like it has been thought about for some time

1 Votes

D

Davide Ferreira posted almost 2 years ago

Hi Cindy It's been over 2 years now. Loads of time to develop the app. Maybe a time line or a flat out "we won't be doing it" Cheers.

0 Votes

R

Ross Heatherill posted almost 2 years ago

This feature would be great. Should be one of your top priorities if im honest. Similar apps do this.

0 Votes

A

Austin Luck posted over 1 year ago

+1! Love the app, but having to get my phone out to see the map and distance to a layup is a pain.  Really looking forward to having the map on the watch.  

0 Votes

J

Jeffrey McMillan posted over 1 year ago

I agree! I saw the  Samsung Watch 4 with Golf Buddy and they have this exact feature. You do not have to pull out your phone to see the map with a range finder. I would really love this feature.

0 Votes

w

wajih rekik posted over 1 year ago

this is extremely important. do yiu guys have an update. we have to use golf buddy for now because of the lack of map view

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 1 year ago Admin

Thanks all for your recent comments. We understand the importance and are taking steps in our development plan to make it available. - Cindy

0 Votes

D

Davide Ferreira posted over 1 year ago

Hi Cindy It's been over 2 years now and still no update on this. Between the aerial view on the watch not done yet and the app freezing on the watch, what updates are actually happening?

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment