Map view on watch

Posted almost 4 years ago by Steve Burt

Post a topic
S
Steve Burt

Hello...just started using the app, but enjoying it very much.  The only thing lacking from some other premium watches / apps is map view on the watch...Is there any plans to get the map view visable on a Samsung watch (Active2)?

Many thanks.

19 Votes

45 Comments

Sorted by
M

Matej posted 16 days ago

Annie thanks for the swift and precise answer. And also, welcome aboard :-)

0 Votes

A

Annie Mallory posted 16 days ago Admin

Best guess is June but we are hoping for earlier. Working around the clock here :)

1 Votes

M

Matej posted 17 days ago

Half of my response has been left out, sorry. So tnx for the response. Any hint on when to expect this update?

0 Votes

M

Matej posted 17 days ago

Was just looking at the post when you came along. Great intuition Annie

0 Votes

A

Annie Mallory posted 17 days ago Admin

Hey Matej, we are working! Green undulations, map on watch, updated stats...as fast as we can!

1 Votes

M

Matej posted 23 days ago

Well, spring is here and big things are coming, right Cindy?

0 Votes

M

Matej posted 7 months ago

Smiley has been left out. Happy cause we are moving, bit sad cause spring 24 is still long way ahead.....

0 Votes

M

Aim higher

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 7 months ago Admin

@Matej - From our development team -  We’ll are aiming for next spring - 2024. 

0 Votes

M

Any hint on when to expect this update? Are we talking days, weeks, months, this year, next year?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 8 months ago Admin

Not quite, but big things are underway, once released will include this feature. We appreciate your continued support. 

1 Votes

M

Matej posted 8 months ago

Hi Cindy, are we there yet?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 1 year ago Admin

Hi Matej - thanks for asking. The answer remains the same as my previous reply. There are factors that have delayed the release of this feature. I don't have a timeline for you right now. 

Thomas - thanks for sharing your experience with the app. Hopefully it's helpful to other users. 

0 Votes

T

Thomas Bowers posted about 1 year ago

You might want to check out 15th Club www.15club.golf. Theyhave a simple interface with a slick map view on the watch. I love golf pad but if you need to see the map I found this app is a good back up.

0 Votes

M

Matej posted about 1 year ago

Cindy?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 1 year ago Admin

Hello Matej - thanks for checking in. Due to several factors, we will not be launching this in 2022. I'm not involved in all the intricacies of the development, so I can't speak to specifics. I do know it's in process and the team knows it's a popular request. They are working hard to bring this to fruition for everyone. 

0 Votes

M

Matej posted over 1 year ago

Cindy, maybe some brief comment on the progress of this?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Samir - not at this time. Here's a list of Golf Pad compatible watches

0 Votes

s

samir bennani posted over 1 year ago

Hi I like the App. Is there any chance to use it with Huawei watts? Please Thanks Samir

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Matej - I really appreciate your understanding of the situation. Your estimate may be accurate, but we will do our best to surprise you. 

0 Votes

M

Matej posted over 1 year ago

I have a feeling that this won't be happening soon. Distance to hazards has been a huge undertaking and demanded lots of human resources. That means that the development team focused on that and not on map view. Considering this task is also vast, its fullfilment will take time. Maybe some time next year would be my guess (and of course I sincerely hope I am wrong and the team will surprise me in a month :-)

0 Votes

D

Davide Ferreira posted over 1 year ago

Hi Cindy It's been over 2 years now and still no update on this. Between the aerial view on the watch not done yet and the app freezing on the watch, what updates are actually happening?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Thanks all for your recent comments. We understand the importance and are taking steps in our development plan to make it available. - Cindy

0 Votes

w

wajih rekik posted over 1 year ago

this is extremely important. do yiu guys have an update. we have to use golf buddy for now because of the lack of map view

0 Votes

J

Jeffrey McMillan posted over 1 year ago

I agree! I saw the  Samsung Watch 4 with Golf Buddy and they have this exact feature. You do not have to pull out your phone to see the map with a range finder. I would really love this feature.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment