Distance to hazards on watch

Posted almost 3 years ago by Cory Piron

Post a topic
C
Cory Piron

Would be great to see the distance to say bunkers or water on my Apple Watch. This feature has been available on Garmin gold watches for many years Thanks and keep up the great work!

13 Votes

34 Comments

Sorted by
Beat

Beat posted 11 months ago

I just tested the behaviour with large and small Wear OS font size. I have TicWatch and Golfpad version 73 in the watch. In fact some fonts are indeed changing with the Wear OS font size change. I made screenshots for small font (left side) and large font (right side).

On the main screen the clock is changing from impossible to read to very tiny. The font size for HOLE, PAR and SCORE remains unchanged and still too small to read without reading glasses.

On the Hazard screen only the word HAZARD changes in size, but the important distance information remains unchanged and too small to read.

Please rectify this deficiency, users will be happy. Thanks

0 Votes

A

Adrian Daetwyler posted 11 months ago

Yesterday, I just used Golfpad for the first time. Everything worked well and the statistics will be interesting in the long run. However, as Beat mentioned, the font of some information, especially the hazard info is way too small. Please change this shortcoming as fast as possible! Many thanks.

1 Votes

Beat

Beat posted 12 months ago

@Cindy - The font size in the GolfPad app unfortunately does not change if I change the font size in the Wear OS system settings. 
Please check with the dev team to enlarge the font size and make it bold so I can see the distance to hazards and also the time, hole # and par in the main GolfPad screen on the Wear OS watch.

0 Votes

M

Matej posted 12 months ago

It is only available on Wear OS, not on Tizen (like samsung galaxy watch 3), if I understand correctly?

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted 12 months ago Admin

@Beat - Thanks for bringing this up! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new distance to hazards feature on your smartwatch. We totally understand how important it is to have a font size that's easy to read, and we appreciate your feedback on this. I'll definitely pass your comments along to the development team for consideration in future updates.

In the meantime, have you tried adjusting your watch settings under "accessibility" and "font size"? That could potentially make a difference for you. Here's some helpful information on that: https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/11183305?hl=en-GB

Thanks again for reaching out, and please let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

1 Votes

Beat

Beat posted 12 months ago

Happy to see hazard distance working on my Wear OS Ticwatch Pro 3. However the size of the font of the distance of hazards is so tiny that it is impossible to read without putting on reading glasses (see my screen below). Like this it is pretty useless on the course. 

Please make the font size bigger and bold. 

The same applies for the time indication on the main watch screen and the score and hole number. There is enough space to make the font bold and slightly bigger. 

1 Votes

M

Michel Charron posted 12 months ago

it's working now

1 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 1 year ago Admin

@beat - I'm checking on this for you. - Cindy 

1 Votes

Beat

Beat posted about 1 year ago

@Cindy, I still do not see the distance to hazards on my Wear OS watch. Do I need to setup something?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted over 1 year ago Admin

Hi Carlo - I'm checking on this for you and will post an update once I know more.  UPDATE: the team informs me we do not anticipate this being ready in December. It is something we are working toward, it just didn't come together as soon as we had hoped. 

0 Votes

C

Carlo Kassam posted over 1 year ago

@Cindy, is there still a change that the distance to the Hazards functionality will be included in the december '22 release?

0 Votes

C

Hi Cindy, great news, I am looking forward to this new feature.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

@Carlo Kassam - I've confirmed with the team that iPhone is on the roadmap for completion this year. Things can change, but that's our plan. Thanks for asking!

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Johnrancher - yes, these forum topics have a way of morphing with multiple "conversations" being shared. I appreciate your feedback. We're getting close to watch hazards. Stay tuned. 

0 Votes

J

Johnrancher posted over 1 year ago

Ok I apparently misread your post so I thought it was available on smartwatch. That's what this topic is about after all. Still happy with the progress, but I'll store my excitement for later use.

0 Votes

Alyona Retunskaya

Alyona Retunskaya posted over 1 year ago Admin

Hi Carlo! Our engineering team is working on this feature for the iPhone app. We plan to add it as soon as possible, however, there's no target date yet. 

Here's the latest information about hazards: https://support.golfpadgps.com/en/support/solutions/articles/6000259290-hazards-on-the-map

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hi Carlo - I'm asking the team about the iPhone ETA. Thanks for asking! 

Johnrancher - we are just as excited! Can't wait to hear how you enjoy it! 

0 Votes

C

Do you expect this great feature to be available on the iPhone this year?

0 Votes

J

Johnrancher posted over 1 year ago

No way! Finally! Thanks! On holiday now... but will start using it asap.

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Hazards are available in Premium version on Android phones at this time. iPhone is next, with watches to follow. There's no concrete target date yet.  I appreciate your comment and feedback. The team is working hard to make this happen for our users. 

0 Votes

C

Hi Cindy, I appreciate that the Hazard feature on the smartwatch is on the roadmap, can you give an indication of when this feature can be expected?

0 Votes

Cindy Wren

Cindy Wren posted about 2 years ago Admin

Hi Luke - it is a big undertaking, however, we are currently working on this. We do plan to have an option for users to contribute as well once we lay most of the ground work. Thanks for your comment and for sharing the link to the mapping tool. - Cindy

2 Votes

l

luke Venn posted about 2 years ago

Hi Cindy, Could GolfPad not just adjust the http://scout.golfpadgps.com/ tool to allow us to mark the front/back of any hazards ourselves?

That would allow us to get the hazard distances that so many seem keen for, whilst also saving Golfpad lots of legwork.

NB: For anyone unfamiliar with the tool, watch the short video at: http://scout.golfpadgps.com/

1 Votes

l

luke Venn posted about 2 years ago

Hi Cindy, glad this feature is on the roadmap, but understand that the mapping itself is a big undertaking.

Could GolfPad not simply allow us (the users) to map out the bunkers in exactly the same way we can currently map out a missing course? Via http://scout.golfpadgps.com/

NB: For anyone not familiar with the tool, watch the video on http://scout.golfpadgps.com

Thanks,
Luke

0 Votes

R

Robert Hobbs posted over 2 years ago

Hi Cindy, appreciate mapping out hazards on 40k courses is difficult! Perhaps make a way for people to mark hazards themselves on their local course? As an idea - a button in the app to mark the front of the hazard using GPS location in the same way "mark flag" exists. Of course this needs to be uploaded and be for the benefit of all players of the course. Rob

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment