There are 3 reasons you may be reading this article.
1) You have may have received and opened an invitation link on your computer. This link is designed to be opened on your phone or tablet, for use with the Golf Pad app (details below). If you are not familiar with Golf Pad app or Golf Pad Events, below is a brief introduction.
2) You might be looking for help or an explanation regarding the invitation link emailed to you.
3) You found this article on our support portal, and are simply looking to learn more about this process.
What is the Golf Pad app?
Golf Pad GPS is a free, top rated golf GPS rangefinder, shot tracker & tour level scorecard. Easy to use. Tap to measure distance to any point on the course. Satellite views with aerial flyovers of every hole on any of over 40,000+ world wide courses. Learn more details about Golf Pad GPS.
What is the Golf Pad Events?
Golf Pad Events is a free golf tournament management platform. It's aimed to help anyone who organizes golf tournaments, from small groups of friends to professional directors and golf clubs. Learn more about Golf Pad Events.
What is a "unique invitation link" and why did I receive it?
This unique invitation is how Golf Pad establishes a connection between your Golf Pad app, and Golf Pad Events. By establishing this connection between the app and Events, golfers can view their upcoming tournaments, see tournament details, and begin scoring on the day of the event. Tournament organizers that would like to use live scoring should email their field of golfers. When the emails are received there are two links for the golfers to follow.
1) is to download the Golf Pad app.
2) is a unique invitation link to accept invitation.
It is important to remember that when you receive this email from the organizer, your invitation link is specific to you. You will be asked to confirm your name to establish the connection between your app and the Events platform.
Invitation links should not be forwarded or shared with other golfers.
What should I do now?
If you are here because you clicked on the invitation link - This is because you are on your computer. Once you have (followed step one) downloaded the Golf Pad app, please open this same link on your (Android or iPhone) device. This will launch the Golf Pad app and prompt you to confirm your event invitation.
If you are here because you have a problem accepting your invitation, please see this article about accepting Golf Pad Events invitations. You can also contact the organizer of your event.
If you have additional questions on this process, or you're experiencing technical difficulties please contact us at email@example.com