Wear OS 5 Support

Posted about 2 months ago by Mike Mayo

Post a topic
Un Answered
M
Mike Mayo

With Samsungs announcement this week and starting pre-orders for the new Galaxy Smart Watches (Galaxy Watch 7 and Galaxy Watch Ultra) running on Wear OS 5, I was curious if there will be a release day update, or if the expectation is that the watch will work with the app out of the box? The watches are expected to release on July 24, 2024.

I have despised the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic since I got it, the battery life is absolute garbage, and I can barely finish an 18-hole round on the watch in standalone AND airplane mode. Far worse than the Galaxy Watch 4, and the Galaxy Watch Ultra and 7 44mm have significantly improved batteries. This should help mitigate one of my major issues, although I'm interested to see how badly dual-GPS drains the watch battery.

Unfortunately the feature set of the watch specifically states "NFC for digital payments" so I assume they do not intend to enable the NFC feature for anything else like tag tracking in the near future.

Speaking of tracking, I would say the only thing really lacking from the app these days is Auto-Tracking similar to how Arccos works. I imagine the technology in the tags is different, but instead of waiting for watch companies to work with you, why not release an updated version of the golf link so that it can enable auto tracking. Way too often I find myself forgetting to track my shots either thru the watch manually or tapping the clubs on the phone. As a father of 2 young children and a busy lifestyle, I do not have the time or opportunity to go hole by hole after my round and edit my shots. The strokes gained and statistics calculated are fantastic but are useless without tracked shots. I wish the entire process could be updated to track tags automatically somehow. 

0 Votes

1 Comments

M

Mike Mayo posted about 2 months ago

Nice...over a week and not even a reply from support. New watch will be here tomorrow and we will see if it works. If not, I'll be moving on to something else.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment